Tuesday 26 November 2013

Project 3

For project 3, we are required to do sculpture.
We are required to do free form structure, which is not solid.
What it meant to be 'not solid'' is that it does not take the form of the real object we chose from.
For example, if we chose Bird as our sculpture inspiration, we do not do the sculpture of it, but we are to construct a sculpture with the gist of the bird, for example, we take the motion of the bird, and do sculpture about it.

For my sculpture, I tried to do something that is think out of the box.
So, I did a shadow sculpture.
Before this project are assigned, we had a lecture session about ''creating something from nothingness'' and that ''nothingness are something''.
For my sculpture, I applied this concept to it.

Shadow which are ''nothing'' are formed when lights are obstructed from the path it travels, hence cast a shadow of darkness behind the obstacle.

Using this concept, I created a scenery of a harmonious village, villagers and also the port and sampan.

I created nothing out of something, and that ''nothing'' are able to tell a story.



This is the completed product of mine.
When there is no light, it's an abstract form, with no definite form.

After light is applied, and shadow is cast, the scenery is coming out. Showing the harmonious village scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment