Tuesday 26 November 2013

Project 2




Hey.. It's been a long time since I updated my blog.

So basically, for our project 2, we are required to capture photos for the object we chose for our sketches and painting.

For man made structure, we are required to paint it, while for natural structure, we are require to do pencil sketching.

Man made structure are built environment, constructed by human;
while natural structure are objects created from nature, such as trees, sea shells or even animals.



This is the natural structure that I chose.
The reason I chose it, first of all is the magnificent size of it, which shows the strength and firmness of nature. It depicts the nature's power.
Another reason, is that it reminds me of Centre Georges Pompidou.
The vines that surrounding the tree, is exposed. It's like the Centre Georges Pompidou, where the services structure are exposed, to show the uniqueness of it.



This is the Man Made structure that I chose.
The reason I chose this is because, from this angle of perspective, it's as if the staircase is leading towards the sky.
The story I want to tell is that, since ancient time, human had constructed structures and buildings to shorten the gap towards the sky, and they think that this shows their loyalty towards the God, that they want to be nearer to them.





From this project, I learned that, structure exists both artificially(man made) and also naturally. There are many structures that are inspired from the nature. For example, how natural structure follows the golden mean proportion, and human constructs building with the application of the golden mean in their design.









This is the completed work for my natural structure.












And this is for my Man-made Structure

No comments:

Post a Comment